[CentOS] Slightly OT : newsletters, mail formatting and netiquette

Fri Feb 2 15:02:07 UTC 2018

Cameron Smith wrote:
> Look into mutipart and offer both html and plain text in the same email.
> This allows the client to view it as they see fit.
>
> If you do send html it has a much more restrictive implementation than
> html
> and css for a webpage so study up on what you can and can't do.
> Mailchimp has some great info about this.

Personally, I'd suggest giving the subscribers the *option* of either. I
really dislike HTML email, and even when I can read it, it's *really*
ugly.

But then, I also consider HTML email a *great* way to spread malware.

        mark