[CentOS] bad text under KDE and C7

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Jul 15 14:06:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018, Pete Biggs wrote:

>> I tried the live DVD from which I installed C7.
>
> I meant to use a live DVD from some other distro so that it had
> differently compiled drivers - the idea was to eliminate (or otherwise)
> the drivers from CentOS 7.

I've been looking.
I keep finding claims that Fedora live CD's exist,
but not actual images.

I did find a C6 live CD.
No go.
Without additional installs, it would not even try.
After accepting its offers to install dragon and totem,
it still would not play any videos.
... not working  falling back to default.
The default was blank.

>> It would not do videos at all.
>> It claimed it did not have mp4 codecs.
>> It made the same complaint about avi and flv files.
>
> That's mainly because they are non-free codecs so aren't included by
> default.

To be clear:
flv and avi caused it to complain about the lack of mp4 codecs.

Is there something dragon or totem will play out of the box?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards