[CentOS] bad text under KDE and C7

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jul 17 13:58:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018, Pete Biggs wrote:

> On Sun, 2018-07-15 at 09:06 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> I've been looking.
>> I keep finding claims that Fedora live CD's exist,
>> but not actual images.
>
> https://getfedora.org/
>
> specifically
>
> https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/
>
> What it actually does is to download Fedora Media Writer which when run
> downloads the correct image and writes it to a memory stick.

Won't boot for me.
I keep getting kernel panics and am real tired of the power button.
I have to boot C6 with acpi=off, but that did not help.

Something about sync, attempt to kill process 1, kernel panic.

I'll see whether I can find something else.

>> To be clear:
>> flv and avi caused it to complain about the lack of mp4 codecs.
>
> Yes, because MPG codecs are not license free.

I hadn't realized flv and avi were synonyms for mpg.

>> Is there something dragon or totem will play out of the box?
>>
> Probably WebM and OGG video as they are both patent/license free. If
> you are looking for something try
>
>  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Big_Buck_Bunny_Trailer_1080p.ogv

Thanks.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards