[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Thu Jul 19 19:28:09 UTC 2018

19 jul 2018 kl. 20:33 skrev Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>:

> On 2018-07-19, Mark Rousell <mark.rousell at signal100.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well said. I feel that too many people today have forgotten (or, more
>> likely, never learned) these lessons from history. People give away
>> their personal and supposedly private information too easily and, I feel
>> certain, will come to regret it (some already have come to regret it).
>
> While I agree with the above, it doesn't really address Johnny's
> question, which is which open source calendaring projects can compete
> with Google calendar for users' ease of use?  If I give my users Zimbra,
> and they hate it, then what?  For simple email use, there are plenty of
> clients which can talk IMAP/SMTP to a linux server, but the options for
> calendaring (and ''groupware'' in general) are much sparser.
>
> It's a hard question, and each organization needs to weigh their privacy
> concerns against their users' requirements.
>
> --keith

Just to chime in, I'm using Fruux.com for a client, and while it's not per se an open source service, it works really really well and uses open source protocols for its operation (CalDAV and CardDAV). They also have great central administration, even if it's all local accounts. They use SabreDAV as the foundation for the service, hence I think it's worth mentioning.

Regards, Leo