[CentOS] Firefox 60.0.1.0 ESR Progress?

Thu Jul 5 13:16:26 UTC 2018
Sean <smalder73 at gmail.com>

Mr. Hughes,

Thank very much for the update!  That's the kind of info I was looking
for, if an ETA isn't reasonable to ask for.  I can report a summary of
your note to my upstream authorities.  I support both SL7 and C7
workstations, but had not yet seen the update on the sl-devel list.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer this thread!  Thanks for
your hard work!

From: Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>
To: centos at centos.org
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 06:16:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Firefox 60.0.1.0 ESR Progress?
On 07/03/2018 09:04 AM, Sean wrote:
> Thanks for the idea, I'm not in a hurry and don't have a desire to
> hand-jam upstream versions of firefox onto desktops.  I just need to
> track progress on the patch release and report an ETA to our cyber
> security team.
>
> I just figured CentOS had a fancy devops CI/CD system somewhere that I
> could keep tabs on to watch what's going on as patches get built,
> tested and published.  Seems like all the cool kids are doing that
> kind of stuff these days.

OK guys .. Firefox 60 is going to take some time .. likely more for
CentOS-6 than CentOS-7.

They both (C6 and C7 versions) require many non OS tools to build.

For CentOS-7 .. we need the rust-toolset, llvm-toolset, and
devtoolset-7, to get the firefox to build.

For CentOS-6, we need less items (no llvm-toolset required .. all the
rest is required).  But, there is no released source code for the EL6
version of rust-devtoolset upstream.

I am working on this now .. but we had the 6.10 release and the also 32
other items that dropped for CentOS-7 (both of which are now done).

I am not the only one having issues with Firefox-60 (see this thread on
the Scientific Linux list):

https://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1807&L=scientific-linux-devel&D=0&P=74

I hope to have this working soon .. but. it is not just a build and
release kind of package.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes