[CentOS] Is there any way I can deploy cPanel web hosting control panel with Microsoft Exchange 2016 groupware behind one static public IP?

Fri Jul 20 17:18:05 UTC 2018
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <turritopsis.dohrnii at teo-en-ming.com>

Dear Richard Grainger,

I am grateful for your reply and guidance.

After reading the following article at nginx.com, I realize that I should use a reverse proxy instead of a load balancer.

Article: WHAT IS A REVERSE PROXY VS. LOAD BALANCER?

Link: https://www.nginx.com/resources/glossary/reverse-proxy-vs-load-balancer/

Presently, I am using pfSense community edition firewall. Can I install the Squid package and use it as a reverse proxy? Where can I find good installation and configuration guides on this topic?

Based on what you have mentioned, it seems that reverse proxy can only be used for HTTP and HTTPS protocols.

Can I use reverse proxy for DNS, IMAP, IMAP/S, POP3, POP3/S, SMTP and SMTP/s as well?

So requests for domain1.com goes to all services/protocols in cPanel. And requests for domain2.com goes to all services/protocols in Exchange 2016.

Is that possible? Please advise.

Thank you very much.

===BEGIN SIGNATURE===

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic Qualifications as at 30 Oct 2017

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] http://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

===END SIGNATURE===