[CentOS] A touch conused on context

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Thu Jun 7 20:23:37 UTC 2018

Ok, we've got a set of directories bind mounted on our standard mount
point for the web. The directory tree's been set with semanage fcontext -t
-e /var/www <ourmountpoint>. In one of the websites under there is
<site>/cgi-bin, and under *there are a couple of subdirectories, and a
.dat file that is written to (I thihnk it's a counter, or whatever). Yet I
see sealerts complaining that, if it was in enforcing mode, would not
allow the .cgi that's in the cgi-bin write access on the file.

What am I missing here?

     mark