[CentOS] Slightly OT : write bootable CentOS USB disk under Windows 10 and Mac OS X ?

Thu Jun 7 15:39:29 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

I'm currently writing my fourth book about Linux, for the french editor
Eyrolles. The book will cover Linux server basics for pros, and it will
be based on CentOS 7.

I have a quick question to those of you who use either Windows 10 or Mac
OS X as their everyday desktop system.

How do you write a bootable CentOS USB disk using either Windows 10 or
Mac OS X ?

I've googled this, of course, and there's quite a lot of possible
solutions out there, so I'm curious about a more or less *orthodox* way
of doing things.

Me, I've been 100 % GNU/Linux since 2001, CentOS is running on my
workstation and on my laptop, and I'm simply writing the ISO file to a
USB stick using dd if=CentOS-XXXX.iso of=/dev/sdX.

Thanks & cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr