[CentOS] ARM64 CentOS AltArch release 7.5

Thu Jun 7 07:35:50 UTC 2018
Frederik Lotter <frederik.lotter at netronome.com>

Hi Johnny,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:57 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 06/05/2018 02:50 AM, Frederik Lotter wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Just some feedback from my side, so we have a smart NIC that allows a
> > customer to select a distro going on the NIC itself (providing various
> > custom offload flavors).
> >
> > https://www.netronome.com/products/agilio-fx/
> >
> > For the first wave, I generate custom images based on Ubuntu and CentOS,
> so
> > I would love for these rootfs images to be released to some deterministic
> > URL location so that I can generate images with a script. Something along
> > the lines of what was done for 7.3 - the rootfs was available next to the
> > ISO images, but no longer the case with 18.04 (
> > http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/).
> >

> I will indeed put it back in the isos directory once we verify that it
> works.
>
> If it does what you need, then let me know and I'll move it over to
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/

I have tested this and yes it works for me.

However, just to clarify, I am not using the image with ARM64 EFI firmware
such as EDKII yet, so in fact I pull out the ext4 guts and reformat the
rootfs into a custom layout for our flash using uboot.

If I may be selfish, I would actually prefer an ext4 tarball, as was also
previously available for 7.3:
http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.3.1611/isos/aarch64/

1. So I am not sure if you would consider my test useful

2. I did find a minor issue, but I cannot be sure this is not a consequence
of the way I have used it:

[FAILED] Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking

So the first thing I have done was to disable the NetworkManager (and
-wait-online) service in order to fall back on the network.service. However
it still did not work (although I must confess I did not see the same
error).

In my debugging attempt I ran:

ifup eth2 (I created the ifcfg-eth2 file with networkmanager controlled
disbled)

Error:
In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ipv6 line 56

This file did not exist: /etc/sysconfig/network

So I touched this file and it started working for m as I expect after a
reboot.

Apologies if this is a goose chase...