[CentOS] Squid vs. iptables redirection: exception for certain domains ?

Sun Mar 11 15:47:38 UTC 2018

On Sun, March 11, 2018 7:09 am, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 11.03.2018 um 11:53 schrieb Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>:
>>
>> I've experimented some more, and I have a partial success. Here, I'm
>> redirecting all HTTPS traffic *except* the one that goes to my bank:
>>
>> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i $IFACE_LAN -p tcp ! -d
>> www.credit-cooperatif.coop --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3129
>>
>> This works because my bank is hosted on a single IP. As soon as I
>> replace that with a domain that's hosted on multiple IP's, I get this:
>>
>> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i $IFACE_LAN -p tcp ! -d www.google.com
>> --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3129
>

> May I ask, after all it doesn't work with google.com, right?

I would also like to add: it is a bad practice IMHO to give preference to
some particular search engine, unless it is single user personal machine.
Many people prefer different search engines (duckduckgo.com just to
mention one), some specifically avoid google.

Valeri