[CentOS] CentOS 7.5 (1804) and NetworkManager

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed May 16 15:00:02 UTC 2018

Le 15/05/2018 à 13:19, Gianluca Cecchi a écrit :
> In CentOS / Fedora I simply disable NetworkManager service and put into
> ifcfg-xxx (eg ifcfg-eth0) the line
>
> NM_CONTROLLED=no

OK, I played around with this quite a bit. Here's my findings.

1. On my KDE workstation, NetworkManager cannot be removed, because this
would also remove GDM.

2. NetworkManager can be disabled though. On the other hand, I get a big
fat warning on startup for "NetworkManager dependency not met".

3. For now, the KISS approach seems to be to just leave NetworkManager
installed and running, and to configure network-scripts/ifcfg-enp0s3
like this:

  DEVICE=enp0s3
  TYPE=Ethernet
  ONBOOT=yes
  BOOTPROTO=dhcp
  NM_CONTROLLED=no

Cheers & thanks for your numerous suggestions.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr