[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1804) on x86_64 aarch64 i386 ppc64 ppc64le

Fri May 11 17:08:25 UTC 2018
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/10/2018 09:10 AM, Warren Young wrote:
> On May 10, 2018, at 1:33 AM, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org> wrote:
>>
>> I am pleased to announce the general availability of CentOS Linux 7
>> (1804) for across all architectures.
>
> I’ve checked about a dozen of the mirrors, and see no *.torrent files yet.  Any idea how long they’ll take to appear?  I ask because we’re building a system today, so if it’s going to be more than a few hours, I’ll grab the ISO file directly, but otherwise, I’d prefer to spread the load.

OK .. the torrent files are on mirror.centos.org and the torrent server
has seeds, so the torrents can now be downloaded.

Special thanks for the torrents go to Anssi Johansson (avji on
freenode/IRC), who also manages our external mirror database and the
ipv6 mirrorlist server.  Anssi is always key to us getting out release
as a valued member of the QA team .. but for this release he was even
more so.

While thanking people .. The entire QA team help tremendously (as
always) .. Specifically very helpful were these non CentOS core team
members:

Akemi Yagi
Anssi Johansson
Manuel Wolfshant
Pablo Greco
John Dennison
Trevor Hemsley
Christoph Galuschka
James O'Connor

And keeping the Community Build System going:
Thomas Oulevey

And someone who always helps me figure out all the build issues:
Tuomo Soini  (Foobar Linux team)

And the rest of the CentOS Core team:
Karanbir Singh
Jim Perrin
Fabian Arrotin
Brian Stinson

There is no way would could have got this release out the door without
each of these people.  (Obviously, if I forgot anyone, feel free to slap
me next time you seem me :D )

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes