[CentOS] RHEL 8 Public Beta Released

Thu Nov 15 18:01:08 UTC 2018
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On 11/15/18 11:50 AM, Simon Matter wrote:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/powering-its-future-while-preserving-present-introducing-red-hat-enterprise-linux-8-beta
>>
>> Just wondering, is there still something like a mailing list where betas
>> are discussed? IIRC EL6 beta was the last one I saw but maybe I'm
>> missing
>> something?
>
> That question is pertinent to RedHat customers' lists, it is note
> relevant to CentOS.

I don't agree. Since there are no corresponding CentOS betas for the new
RedHat betas, they have to be considered betas for CentOS as well.

Broken things in RHEL8 will also be broken in CentOS8, so if we want a
perfect CentOS8 we should contribute to RHEL8 as much as possible.

That's how I see it and why I ask about mailing lists for betas. I don't
care if they are called RedHat 8 beta or CentOS 8 beta. From the technical
POV they are identical, aren't they?

Thanks,
Simon