[CentOS] RHEL 8 Public Beta Released

Thu Nov 15 18:09:45 UTC 2018

On 11/15/18 12:01 PM, Simon Matter wrote:

>>> Just wondering, is there still something like a mailing list where betas
>>> are discussed? IIRC EL6 beta was the last one I saw but maybe I'm
>>> missing
>>> something?
>>
>> That question is pertinent to RedHat customers' lists, it is note
>> relevant to CentOS.
>
> I don't agree. Since there are no corresponding CentOS betas for the new
> RedHat betas, they have to be considered betas for CentOS as well.

I believe is disagree about how CentOS works. I believe CentOS is a
binary replica of RedHat Enterprise, and whatever is broken in RedHat
Enterprise can only be fixed there.

The way you [we] can affect RedHat Enterprise is through their open
feedback (not their customer feedback which general publick has no
access to), though I have no knowledge is that exists and in what form.

But Brilliant people who put together CentOS (thanks a lot, guys!) may
chime in to correct me.

Valeri