[CentOS] XPS 13 9370 / CentOS compat

Mon Nov 19 13:02:35 UTC 2018
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

> Am 07.11.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>:
>
> Am 07.11.2018 um 15:15 schrieb Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>:
>>
>> On 11/3/18 12:32 PM, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
>>> Anyone with some Dell laptop XPS 13 9370 (2018) experience here?
>>> Especially with that "Killer 1435 (802.11ac 2x2 und Bluetooth)" device?
>>> Supported by the stock kernel (EL7)?
>>

>> I had reasonably unreliable performance with that particular
>> chip(sometimes wireless wouldn't wake up from sleep and I'd have to
>> reboot), and ended up replacing it with an intel 8265 chip. It takes
>> about 10 minutes to swap, and got me much better performance on my 9370.
>>
>> Link below is the one I picked up, but you may be able to find it for
>> cheaper. Dell tells me that swapping it doesn't void the warranty, so
>> I'm good with it.
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZA1AB2
>>

> Thank you for taking the time. A valuable information! The 9365 variant seems
> to be shipped with a Intel8265 card. I will get in contact with DELL and try to
> request it for the 9370 model ...

Maybe its an earlier model (9360 or 9365). For the 9370 Dell stated and different
user reports confirm it, that the XPS 13 (9370) has the WIFI module soldered on board.

Some users on dell discussion portal reported also issues with the build camera.

For now, I will stay away from the 9370 model ...

--
LF