[CentOS] [Marketing Mail] Re: Cups freeze when remote server is unavailable

Mon Oct 29 16:15:44 UTC 2018
Lange, Markus <M.Lange at dnb.de>

Hi,

John tries to tell you:
Revert your configuration changes to the config file and use the local
web interface / lp* / GUI Print Server Configuration tool to setup all
printers at work and / or at home using these tools.

This method needs a local cups instance that works if your OS is
running (if a printer is not reachable for printing cups can still keep
the job in it's queue until the printer is reachable).
You can find an linux.com article on Printer Setups in [1] (mainly
selected for its screenshots of cups web interface and not for its
actuality) which should give you all information's to get it work.

At least for desktop setups cups should be running by default, see
"systemctl status cups" to check if it's running.

For a more in-depth view on cups I can recommend reading the archwiki
[2].

best regards
Markus

[1] https://www.linux.com/learn/linux-101-printing