[CentOS] [Marketing Mail] Re: Cups freeze when remote server is unavailable

Mon Oct 29 18:58:47 UTC 2018
Patrick Bégou <Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr>

Hi Lange,

thanks for these links. Following John reply I goes back and deeper in
looking for documentation. Using the web interface is not an option as I
have many laptops to set up and they are all automatically
(re)installable from a PXE boot + kickstart in case of trouble. So all
must be setup automatically (using command lines in the kickstart file)
and user must be allowed to add their own home printer.

I understand some things this afternoon, discover cups-browsed that was
not available in 1.4 version (CentOS6), understand why it was not
working (the laboratory cups version was 1.4 on a debian server and
CentOS7 has 1.6.x now) discover also that ppd files are deprecated in
newer cups version (> 2.x ?)....

Time is to go deeper in all these documentations and build a scenario to
set up cups in these automatic installations process. I agree, it was
not a bug, just misunderstanding new cups software behaviour.

Patrick