[CentOS] email Server for CentOS 7

Sat Sep 29 22:41:43 UTC 2018
Mark Rousell <mark.rousell at signal100.com>

On 29/09/2018 21:51, Bee.Lists wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I’m looking for an email server.  I have a C7 box already with nginx, PostgreSQL, Sinatra and Ruby.  So I don’t want to install PHP, Apache, MySQL, etc.
>
> Are there any ways/tutorials to set up a mail server under those restrictions?  It would serve multiple domains.

Have a look at this tutorial: 'How to set up a mail server on a GNU /
Linux system' < http://flurdy.com/docs/postfix/ >

It focuses on Ubuntu but much should apply to CentOS too. (By the way,
does anyone know of a CentOS-centric tutorial covering the same subject?).

As others have said, running a mail server is not easy today (major
issues are (a) preventing spam distribution and, increasingly, (b)
deliverability to major email providers even if you have done nothing
wrong) but this is a technical mailing list for people who have
deliberately chosen to run CentOS. We all have to start somewhere and
this is as good a place as anywhere. But be aware that running a mail
server is a big commitment to time and maintenance.

--
Mark Rousell