[CentOS] epel-repository | repomd.xml.asc: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Apr 18 19:08:54 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 08:15:13PM +0200, Stefanie Leisestreichler wrote:
> Hi.
> I try to install openvpn at my centos 7 server (CentOS Linux release
> 7.6.1810 (Core)).
>
> According to many tutorials at the internet, I was using
> yum install epel-release -y to enable the repo.
>
> When (after installing epel-release) I try to install openvpn using
> yum install openvpn -y
>
> I get this error:
> Geladene Plugins: fastestmirror
> epel/x86_64/metalink
> | 30 kB  00:00:00
>  * base: mirror.fra10.de.leaseweb.net
>  * epel: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
>  * extras: ftp.rz.uni-frankfurt.de
>  * updates: centos.schlundtech.de
> base/7/x86_64/signature
> | 811 B  00:00:00
> base/7/x86_64/signature
> | 3.6 kB  00:00:00 !!!
> https://mirror.imt-systems.com/epel/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml.asc:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
> Anderer Spiegelserver wird versucht.
>
> Ater that I get a lot of these errors, all with the same signature:
>
> https://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/epel/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml.asc:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
> Anderer Spiegelserver wird versucht.
> http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/epel/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml.asc:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
> Anderer Spiegelserver wird versucht.
> https://mirror.infonline.de/epel/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml.asc:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
>
> What am I doing wrong?

it looks like you've goit some repo enabled that enables a bunch of German
repos. Looking at the epel mirror list it may be epel that is the culprit.

I find that I often get a long long string of epel mirror errors when
I first run a yum command, but if, after it errors out, I run it again,
then heck, it works fine. have you tried rerunning the yum command?

I've never bothered to report the problem to epel because it is easy
to work around (and I'm lazy), but if you can't get around it, you
may wish to file a report.

Good luck!

Fred