[CentOS] CentOS 7, KDE, Dolphin and MTP support

Sun Apr 28 07:49:53 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

It looks like KDE's file manager Dolphin doesn't support MTP under
CentOS 7. When I plug in an MTP device like my Nikon camera or an
Android phone, Digikam shows its content OK, but Dolphin seems to ignore
it.

For now, my custom CentOS 7 + KDE desktop meets about 99 % of my needs.
Now I've decided to tackle the remaining 1 %. Yesterday for example, I
managed to correct the missing RAR support in the Ark archive manager,
so I fetched the SRPM and rebuilt it to add RAR archive support, and it
works perfectly now.

I'd like to try something similar with Dolphin's MTP support, which
seems to have been disabled. According to rpm -qif /usr/bin/dolphin,
it's part of the kde-baseapps package. I fetched the SRPM and
experimented with it, but apparently, enabling/disabling MTP does not
happen here.

So my question here: which package in KDE 4 is responsible for MTP
support in Dolphin ?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat