[CentOS] Are linux distros redundant?

Wed Apr 24 17:08:14 UTC 2019
Andrew Holway <andrew.holway at gmail.com>

> Maybe you should try to explain to your manager why RHEL/CentOS exist and
> why it's widely used in the corporate world. If he talks about Ubuntu then
> you could explain to him what Fedora is any why and how it differs from
> RHEL/CentOS.

I'm not really sure that the reasons for Rhel really exist anymore. The oft
quoted Library stabilty is more of a hindrance than a help in modern
development environments with well operating CI.

When the dinosaur IBM bought RH it was clear that it had become a fossil.

Of course there is still legacy applications that need that but I see a
definite shift away from OS dependant monoliths even in the more
traditional enterprises