[CentOS] failing to install LibreOffice 6.3.0.4

Bill Maidment

bill at maidment.me
Sun Aug 11 03:51:21 UTC 2019

On 11/08/2019 1:25 pm, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:37:13 -0400
> Fred Smith wrote:
>
>> unpack all the rpm files, type "yum install *.rpm", or "yum
>> localinstall
>> *.rpm" and yum spews the list of filenames (with the word "examining"
>> in front
>> of each file) then says "nothing to do".
>
> Do you have anu version of libreoffice already installed?

Hi Fred
I'm running SL6 and SL7 and I have just installed LibreOffice 6.3.0.4 OK
in both. It should be just the same in CentOS.
It's best to do yum remove libreoffice* first to get rid of any earlier
version, then go to the folder where you have all the new rpms and do
yum install *.rpm

--
Cheers & God bless
Bill