[CentOS] CentOS Amazon Machine Image?

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 20 21:47:52 UTC 2019

On 8/20/19 4:51 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 02:04:29PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I am totally new to AWS.  There was a posting here ~ a year ago
>> making claims about setting up a CentOS image on AWS.

>> Any pointers greatly appreciated.
> https://www.centos.org/
> -> Get CentOS
> https://www.centos.org/download/
> Need a Cloud or Container Image?
> ->  Amazon Web Services
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile?id=16cb8b03-256e-4dde-8f34-1b0f377efe89
>
> Does that help ?

Tru, it is getting me closer.  Next step is to figure out how to get
this image on an EC2 instance.  Or whatever it is suppose to be called.

AH, I think I have it.  The Centos Image is free, but the infrastructure
cost is $0.012/hr which means 1 image per free in the free tier.
Additional images come out to $9/mo.

So if I have this right, I can play around all I want and learn on a
single image, but 2nd image will cost.

Interesting.