[CentOS] I broke "yum update" - C7

Paddy Doyle

paddy at tchpc.tcd.ie
Fri Aug 30 11:45:04 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:17:47PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> On Friday 30 August 2019 12:03:26 Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> >
> > Besides a corrupted certificates bundle I cannot imagine a different
> > root cause actually.

Just to mention that the 'etckeeper' package from EPEL is great for
tracking changes to /etc. Package installs trigger a commit, as do a daily
cron job.

If in this case it was a corrupt file in /etc/pki, then a 'git log' or
similar could show when it happened. Although I think you tried 'rpm -V'
already so perhaps it wasn't a corrupt cert file.

Paddy

--
Paddy Doyle
Research IT / Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,