[CentOS] CENTOS8: running wine 32 bits?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Dec 23 15:27:01 UTC 2019

On 22/12/2019 14:17, Philippe Piot wrote:
> All,
>   I need to run some legacy Windows software (32 bits) under my Linux box.
> I have installed wine from the source the 64 bits works fine but not the 32
> bits.

Epel8 provides wine, like for 7 but *not* to run 32bits.

Pablo Greco (CentOS armhfp maintainer) provides some compatible builds
(and following upstream epel, modified to be built for i686) on his
personal space (unsigned packages !) here :
https://people.centos.org/pgreco/wine32.el8/

Worth knowing that he also shares .spec here :
https://github.com/psgreco/wine

Just when writing this mail, I realize that while .spec is at correct
4.0.3 (so like Epel) the built packages are still at 4.0.2, so I guess
he'll take care of that soon :)

Cheers,
--
Fabian Arrotin