[CentOS] CLAMD and EXIM - anyone got it working`

Sun Dec 1 22:52:38 UTC 2019
Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky at internet-xs.de>

we are running exim with clamd on centos 7.6.

Installation from repo epel (exim and clamd).

The access rights will not be OK out of the box.

The connection between exim and clamd is configred in the exim.conf:
av_scanner = clamd:/run/clamd.scan/clamd.sock

Depending on our security policy I would recommend to use differend
users for
- clamd database : owner = clamupdate: to be configured in freshclam.conf
- scan activities: owner clamscan: to be configured in clamd.conf

each update, each reboot destroy the access rights to the socket and the
database.

Viele Grüße
Helmut Drodofsky

Internet XS Service GmbH