[CentOS] External HD partitioning & formatting considerations

Sun Dec 1 19:21:42 UTC 2019
John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com>

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:09 AM Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Le 30/11/2019 à 21:50, John Pierce a écrit :
> > I strongly dislike moving removable disks between computers,
> > especially with differing operating systems.
> >
> > I would instead recommend getting/building a NAS aka file server and
> using
> > the network to share files, or make backups, or whatever.
>
> Hell is paved with good intentions (french saying).
>
> We already have OwnCloud running perfectly here.
>
> Except the machines are on different networks, and we don't want to upload
> few terabytes of archives over a crappy internet connection. :o)

is there at least one machine on each LAN thats running the same OS ?   I'd
use that for the removable disk so its not moving between differing OS's.

--
-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz