[CentOS] Updating firefox after a long time yum-excluded it and having installed it from .rpm

Sat Dec 7 22:42:02 UTC 2019
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello,

I've been stuck for a while with an old version of firefox, installed
from local .rpm (I know.. I should have downgraded using yum, instead)
and added a exclude=firefox to the relevant .repo file. I did that
after a yum-update has brought firefox 52+, and all add-ons were
deprecated because of their new add-on scheme.

Today that all the add-ons I need are available, I've tried upgrading
to the latest Firefox version available from the updates repo.. I
removed the exclude line in .repo file, but `yum update` didn't bring any
firefox version at all: "No packages marked for update". I've struggled
a bit, no way to get firefox installed using yum. See..

$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-52.8.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64

$ yum info firefox
Installed Packages
Name        : firefox
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 52.8.0
Release     : 1.el7.centos
Size        : 149 M
Repo        : installed
From repo   : /firefox-52.8.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64
[snip]

$ yum search firefox
firefox.x86_64 : Mozilla Firefox Web browser

$ yum update firefox
No packages marked for update

$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-52.8.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64

$ rpm -e firefox

$ rpm -q firefox
package firefox is not installed

$ yum install firefox
No package firefox available.

Even:
$ yum localinstall firefox-68.2.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Examining firefox-68.2.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm: firefox-68.2.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64
Nothing to do

I still can install it using `rpm -i`, but I'm afraid yum-updates will not bring anything later.

What an I doing wrong?

Regards,

--
wwp