[CentOS] Problem with mdadm, raid1 and automatically adds any disk to raid

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Tue Feb 26 22:52:47 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 03:37:34PM +0100, Simon Matter via CentOS (centos at centos.org) wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:54 PM Simon Matter via CentOS
> > <centos at centos.org>
> >>
> >> If it's not systemd, who else does it? Can you elaborate, please?
>
> How is it not systemd doing it? Such things didn't happen with pre systemd
> distributions.

I just had a hardware failure of a Raid controller (well they fail thats why we have backups).
This means putting the drives onto a new controller I have to (re-) format them.

In Centos6 times this took me under an hour to fix this, mostly due to the rsyncing time.
Yesterday it took me over 6 hours to move a system.

Jobst

--
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?