[CentOS] Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

Fri Feb 15 09:54:21 UTC 2019
Phoenix, Merka <merka.phoenix at hpe.com>

>> > whats your budget?
>> >
>> > and 50 TB = 50 000 GB is a big amount which isn't this cheap ...

>> Wow. A single disk for a PC (lowest size 1 TB) usually costs more than USD$50 in retail store.
>> Capacity for a single drive is just now available at 6 TB and 8 TB capacities, so 50 TB would require storage array network >> (SAN) h/w at hosting provider (which isn't cheap).
>>
>> That amount of storage ( 50 TB ) from an online provider probably isn't available within your stated budget.
>> Just the disk drives alone to hold 50 TB would cost more than USD$50.
>
> Hi Merka,
>
> I understand. I probably wanted data "redundancy" in the Cloud only.

50 TB is a very large amount of disk storage. Are you sure that you have the correct unit of measure?

Just downloading 2% of 50 TB (1 TB) would take a while over even a fast network link (measured in megabits (Mb), not megabytes (MB) like disk storage). Even on a local LAN downloading 1 TB is several hours @ 8 Mb/second on a Gigabit Ethernet link w/ no other traffic at all.

According to: https://www.gbmb.org/tb-to-mb
1 Terabyte is equal to 1000000 megabytes (decimal).
1 TB = 106 MB in base 10 (SI).

1 Terabyte (2^40) is equal to 1048576 megabytes (2^20) (binary).

Terabyte unit symbol is TB, Megabyte unit symbol is MB.
Terabyte is 1,000,000 times bigger than Megabyte.