[CentOS] Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

Fri Feb 15 13:40:24 UTC 2019
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdteoenming at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 5:55 PM Phoenix, Merka <merka.phoenix at hpe.com> wrote:

> >> Wow. A single disk for a PC (lowest size 1 TB) usually costs more than USD$50 in retail store.
> >> Capacity for a single drive is just now available at 6 TB and 8 TB capacities, so 50 TB would require storage array network >> (SAN) h/w at hosting provider (which isn't cheap).
> >>
> >> That amount of storage ( 50 TB ) from an online provider probably isn't available within your stated budget.
> >> Just the disk drives alone to hold 50 TB would cost more than USD$50.
> >
> > Hi Merka,
> >
> > I understand. I probably wanted data "redundancy" in the Cloud only.
>
> 50 TB is a very large amount of disk storage. Are you sure that you have the correct unit of measure?

Yes, I have the correct unit of measure.

> Just downloading 2% of 50 TB (1 TB) would take a while over even a fast network link (measured in megabits (Mb), not megabytes (MB) like disk storage). Even on a local LAN downloading 1 TB is several hours @ 8 Mb/second on a Gigabit Ethernet link w/ no other traffic at all.

I think my Singapore M1 ISP Home Fiber 1 Gbps broadband connection is
capable of downloading at the speed of 60 Mega Bytes per second or
more.

> According to: https://www.gbmb.org/tb-to-mb
> 1 Terabyte is equal to 1000000 megabytes (decimal).
> 1 TB = 106 MB in base 10 (SI).
>
> 1 Terabyte (2^40) is equal to 1048576 megabytes (2^20) (binary).
>
> Terabyte unit symbol is TB, Megabyte unit symbol is MB.
> Terabyte is 1,000,000 times bigger than Megabyte.

===BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE===

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming