[CentOS] Centos 7 and backup solution

Tue Jan 29 04:24:29 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 1/28/19 4:23 AM, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
> IMHO - as Kern (Bacula lead developer) is pushing Bacula forward I dont understand this too. It must be
> a misinformation about the current status of the project itself and competitors interests (Bareos).

There's probably going to be a lot of misinformation where bareos is
concerned.  The developers forked that product claiming that when they
signed license assignments they didn't know that this could or would
allow Bacula to begin a dual-license release in which some features were
added to a separate proprietary release. Bacula's developers claim that
the fork included code that was not licensed to them.  Their lawsuit was
settled with undisclosed terms.  Given what information is available
publicly, I am inclined to believe that the fork was in the wrong, but
users are often more concerned with protecting people that they like
than they are in license compliance.