[CentOS] HPE ProLiant - support Linux Vendor Firmware Service ?

Mon Jul 1 17:38:32 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
> hi guys
>
> does anybody here runs on HPE ProLiant? I was hoping you can tell whether
> HPE support Linux Vendor
> Firmware Service and you actually get to upgrade ProLiants'
> BIOS/firmware via fwupdmgr?

Dunno 'bout "Linux Vendor Firmware Service", but HPE support, ah, yeah...
let's not go there. And they *really* want you to use MS DOS to update the
firmware. Oh, and when we had support in to do repairs about 6 or so
months ago on our small SGI supercomputer (they bought SGI), the techs
were worried, because HPE was spinning off support to Unisys, and how they
were going to get parts....

      mark "at least it's not Oracle/Sun support is all I can say"