[CentOS] Mate on Centos 7

Tue Jul 16 12:32:18 UTC 2019
isdtor <isdtor at gmail.com>

> > Can I really be the only user of Mate on Centos 7??
>
> No, definitely not. I use MATE on C7, because Gnome is, how do I
> say this politely..., um, horrible. Not a KDE fan either.
>
> Gnome-2.x wasn't broken, didn't need to be thrown away and
> replaced by something completely different.

Not broken, but full of bugs that will never get fixed.

I did a while back rebuild the EPEL rpms for 1.20. There are spec files I could make available but I can't find the build environemnt setup now. It involves mock, a custom local repo to receive the fresh builds as you don't want to pull in the rpms from EPEL, and a build script that defines the order, among other things. If I have time next week I can try and locate everything.