[CentOS] nvidia on 7.6

Wed Mar 6 21:21:17 UTC 2019
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 06/03/2019 19:30, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:

> On 03/06/2019 09:59 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to install this and ran into a conflict
>>>
>>> --> Processing Conflict:
>>> nvidia-x11-drv-340xx-340.107-2.el7_6.elrepo.x86_64 conflicts ocl-icd
>>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>>> Error: nvidia-x11-drv-340xx conflicts with ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64
>>>
>>> I removed ocl-icd and installed the package, but needless to say I
>>> can't get ocl-icd to install which means that I cant install video
>>> players, vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs.
>> I asked the same question recently and Phil informed me that the
>> ocl-icd now comes in one of the nvidia  packages, so you no longer
>> need the one from epel.
> That is all good and well, but my problem is that I now can't install
>
> vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs because they need
> ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64from epel.
> I tried to roll back to the previous version via yum history undo but
> previous versions are no longer avaialble.

Do they have a hard coded Requires for the ocl-icd package or just an
auto-generated Requires for the libOpenCL.so lib?

If it's the former then the packages in epel need fixing. If it's the
latter then the nvidia package will meet that requirement. You can
either force uninstall ocl-icd, or uninstall ocl-icd and any
dependencies, install/update the nvidia packages and then reinstall the
package you require that depend on libOpenCL.so