[CentOS] nvidia on 7.6

Wed Mar 6 21:53:23 UTC 2019
Pete Geenhuizen <pete at geenhuizen.net>

On 03/06/2019 04:21 PM, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 06/03/2019 19:30, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
>>
>> That is all good and well, but my problem is that I now can't install
>>
>> vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs because they need
>> ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64from epel.
>> I tried to roll back to the previous version via yum history undo but
>> previous versions are no longer avaialble.
>>

> Do they have a hard coded Requires for the ocl-icd package or just an
> auto-generated Requires for the libOpenCL.so lib?
>
> If it's the former then the packages in epel need fixing. If it's the
> latter then the nvidia package will meet that requirement. You can
> either force uninstall ocl-icd, or uninstall ocl-icd and any
> dependencies, install/update the nvidia packages and then reinstall
> the package you require that depend on libOpenCL.so
Phil,
I don't know if it's a hard coded requires ot auto-generated.
Right now I've removed the rpms that need ocl-icd, updated nvidia but
when I attempt to install vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs it fails
because it wants to install ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64 from epel.
I guess that that means that its a hard coded requirement, is that correct?
Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers