[CentOS] Bypassing 'A stop job is running' when rebooting CentOS 7

Thu May 23 15:35:00 UTC 2019
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us> wrote:
> But we can blame systemd for the cryptic message
>
>   A stop job is running
>
> Surely systemd knows what service it is waiting for,
> why doesn't it tell us?
>
>   The stop job XYZ is running

The message reported by the OP and the message I see is 'A stop job is
running for ...' where the ellipses stand in for the unit that systemd
is waiting for.  It seems pretty clear IMHO.  Actually debugging it is
harder since the system is not available during shutdown, but that's a
generic problem and the systemd docs do provide debugging tips.

Jim