[CentOS] C8: Wayland Session / Cut and Paste

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Nov 8 01:31:27 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 05:50:24PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 11/7/19 3:13 PM, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
> >Is this the normal behavior now? Cutting text in gedit and pasting
> >it into the terminal needs that the source application stays
> >running?
> I've run into this behavior for a while, for several CentOS
> versions, depending upon the application.

there are also (at least in X) two ways to cut and paste:
1. select with mouse then paste with middle-click.
2. select with mouse, right-click "select", paste the right-click "paste".

My understanding is that oneuses X facilities and the other is
part of the desktop.

I would surmise that Weston could be different.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.