[CentOS] CLAMD and EXIM - anyone got it working`

Pete Biggs

pete at biggs.org.uk
Fri Nov 29 10:12:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-11-29 at 09:56 +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Has anyone actually got CLAMD and EXIM working?
>
> I've just had a go on a new VPS server without success. The only
> thing that happened was that my server slowed because clamd was
> hogging CPU.
>
> I have done a lot of googling and all I found was a couple of howto's
> that said the same thing, and my questions from 2015 which is the
> last time I tried this.
>
> I can get clamd / freshclam etc installed, although from the two
> howto's I worked from I had to edit / create service files and edit
> config files. However, I still do not manage to get a clamd.exim
> socket created on my system.

I have clamd and exim on some of my systems.  However, clamd is not
called directly from exim.

I use Mailscaner (https://www.mailscanner.info/) - it works using two
exim queues so that one exim receives the mail and places it into a
"received" queue, Mailscanner does various things to the messages
including virus & spam scanning, then places it into the "scanned"
queue and triggers a delivery.

P.