[CentOS] Help with CentOS 7 and nvidia

Fri Nov 1 00:15:55 UTC 2019
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr>

On 10/30/2019 02:28 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hello my hardware has:
> 03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [ION] (rev a2)

<snip>
> So to me all looks good - but there is no hardware acceleration???
>
> When I play the video with totem its taking way too much CPU.
> I removed the ~/.cache/gstreamer* .

I don't use totem but isn't there a way to tell it which video out to use?

I would recommend installing vlc or mplayer and trying again.
You can install them from the RPM Fusion repo.
They both allow you to choose the video driver if needed, and I wouldn't
be surprised if their defaults work better for you out of the box.