[CentOS] NFS shutdown issue

Fri Nov 1 00:56:12 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 10/29/19 6:28 PM, Darby Vicker wrote:
> Interesting - thanks for the info.  I can understand that behavior in a
> shutdown situation.  But I'm surprised that unmounting (either cleanly or
> uncleanly) one of two exported filesystems triggers the NFS service to
> shutdown completely.  Is this consistent with other peoples experiences?

I don't have block devices fail very often, but if you run "systemctl
list-dependencies nfs-server" you should see your mount points listed as
dependencies.  For example, I export a filesystem mounted at "/export",
and I see "export.mount" in the dependency list for that service.  Given
that, I would expect nfs-server to stop if the "export.mount" systemd
unit (the /export mount) failed.