[CentOS] Centos 8: Multiple bugs with email/calendar

Tue Oct 1 07:39:38 UTC 2019
Georgios <gpdsbe+centos at mailbox.org>

Hi there!
I recently installed centos 8 on my laptop.

I have the following problems

1. I tried the use the default evolution 3.28.
The problem with 3.28 is that when i try to create an event i get the error
"Failed to create an event in the calendar “CalDAV : Calendar”"
"Cannot create calendar object: Failed to put data: HTTP error code 400
(Bad Request)"

2.I tried installing evolution from flatpak 3.34
Calendar works fine! BUT cant use my yubikey to read my encrypted emails :-(
For some reason flatpak seems unable to work with smartcards.
Had the same issue with keepassxc and yubikey

3.My third attempt was to use thunderbird from flatpak.
I installed thunderbird through flatpak to see if i could overcome the
flatpak yubikey problem.
Thunderbird starts but then crushes with the following message
"flatpak run org.mozilla.Thunderbird
Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
"

I would prefer to use evolution than thunderbird.

Any ideas how to solve the calendar or flatpak and yubikey problem?

Thanks in advance!!!