[CentOS] Centos 8: Multiple bugs with email/calendar

Tue Oct 1 12:25:02 UTC 2019
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 03:40, Georgios <gpdsbe+centos at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi there!
> I recently installed centos 8 on my laptop.
>
> I have the following problems
>
> 1. I tried the use the default evolution 3.28.
> The problem with 3.28 is that when i try to create an event i get the error
> "Failed to create an event in the calendar “CalDAV : Calendar”"
> "Cannot create calendar object: Failed to put data: HTTP error code 400
> (Bad Request)"

That sounds like a configuration issue that your calendar server is
not liking the authentication that evolution sent. We would need to
know
1. what the calendar server you are trying to use
2. what the configuration and how you authenticate
3. what the error on the server side is.

> 2.I tried installing evolution from flatpak 3.34
> Calendar works fine! BUT cant use my yubikey to read my encrypted emails :-(
> For some reason flatpak seems unable to work with smartcards.
> Had the same issue with keepassxc and yubikey

Flatpacks are sandboxes to make sure that the rest of your account is
secure from each other https://xkcd.com/1200/ . You have to configure
what applications you want to be able to talk to your smart card or
yubikey because just allowing anything to talk to them just leads to
the xkcd.

That said, I do not know how to do this. My systems are pre-flatpak so
I have not dealt with this.

> 3.My third attempt was to use thunderbird from flatpak.
> I installed thunderbird through flatpak to see if i could overcome the
> flatpak yubikey problem.
> Thunderbird starts but then crushes with the following message
> "flatpak run org.mozilla.Thunderbird
> Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: 09:15:00.372: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> "

Ouch. That should be reported to the flatpak place you got that from.
Those aren't created by centos.org so I am guessing gnome or
flatpak.org ?