[CentOS] Where to report (possible) bugs? Redhat? Bugzilla?

Mon Oct 7 05:47:54 UTC 2019
Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au>

Hi

I want to know whether this is a bug and report it but I do
not know where to report it. Upstream?

Background:

It seems upon booting there is a problem where the ifup-route
file is called before the actual interface is up.

I put some "logger -t ifup-route.jobst ... " messages into the
"/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-route" and those messages
show up BEFORE the interface is up:

Oct  7 10:21:28 ifup-route.jobst: Called with eth: eth_1 (eth_1)
Oct  7 10:21:28 network: Bringing up interface eth_1:  SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Oct  7 10:21:28 network: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Oct  7 10:21:28 network: SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Oct  7 10:21:28 network: [  OK  ]

The file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth_1 contains:

-host XXX.YYY.ZZZ.1 gw AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
-host XXX.YYY.ZZZ.3 gw AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
-host XXX.YYY.ZZZ.4 gw AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD

Eth1 is part of the AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD network.

If I put the routing rules into "run-at-boot" file that
requires networking being UP, there are NO problems adding the routes.

--
Jobst Schmalenbach
Be gentle with the earth.