[CentOS] Missing per-Filesys--Df in CentOS-8

Mon Oct 7 07:42:43 UTC 2019
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

On 06/10/19 19:23, Adrian van Bloois wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm missing perl-Filesys-Df ins CentOS-8, I need it because of Df.pm
> which is in it.
> Any suggestiosn?
>
> 	Adrian

Hi Adrian,
To solve this you can:

1. Install using CPAN
2. Wait and EPEL release (if any)
3. Create your own rpm using F28 (if present) source from
https://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/28/Everything/source/tree/

You can use also F30 repository.

A little example:
	(commands are runned by simple user, not root)
	$ rpmdev-setuptree
	$ mkdir src && cd src
	$ wget
https://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/28/Everything/source/tree/Packages/p/perl-Filesys-Df-0.92-30.fc28.src.rpm
	$ rpm -Uvh perl-Filesys-Df-0.92-30.fc28.src.rpm
	$ cd ../rpmbuild/SPECS
	$ rpmbuild -bb perl...spec

At this point rpmbuild will check BuildRequire and will print any deps
required for build (if any). Once you have solved all deps and
compilation is OK you will have your rpm in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/{noarch/x86_64}

	(from root)
	# yum localinstall your.rpm
	(at this point yum will try to solve required deps. If yum can't find
anything I suppose that you need to install other packages)

I know that this is very simplicistic way to do this but it's a start point.

Many user, could suggest to install f28 packages but I don't encourage this.

Hope that helps.

Alessandro.