[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Sep 25 10:22:20 UTC 2019

Le 25/09/2019 à 08:18, Ljubomir Ljubojevic a écrit :
> Why do you need "every major and minor desktop environment under the
> sun"? I run CentOS desktops/laptops since 5.3 and even rebuilt 70+
> packages for it, even Skype rpm.
>
> All I need for work that feeds me is one good work environment and
> that is MATE.

In France we call this "voir midi à sa porte". See noon at your door.

I'm a die-hard KDE user, but over the years, I've probably used every
DE/WM under the sun (my first one was WindowMaker on Slackware 7.1).

Discussing "best DE/WMs" is probably as pointless an exercise as
discussing the respective merits of soccer clubs or motorcycle brands.

If you like Cinnamon, your best bet is probably Mint. On the other hand,
KDE users are probably better off using OpenSUSE or Neon.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr