[CentOS] Centos 8 Mate?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic centos at plnet.rs
Wed Sep 25 12:02:33 UTC 2019

On 9/25/19 12:22 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 25/09/2019 à 08:18, Ljubomir Ljubojevic a écrit :
>> Why do you need "every major and minor desktop environment under the
>> sun"? I run CentOS desktops/laptops since 5.3 and even rebuilt 70+
>> packages for it, even Skype rpm.
>>
>> All I need for work that feeds me is one good work environment and
>> that is MATE.
>
> In France we call this "voir midi à sa porte". See noon at your door.
>
> I'm a die-hard KDE user, but over the years, I've probably used every
> DE/WM under the sun (my first one was WindowMaker on Slackware 7.1).
>
> Discussing "best DE/WMs" is probably as pointless an exercise as
> discussing the respective merits of soccer clubs or motorcycle brands.

Ohh, I am not openig that can of worms :-)
Just like Windows Clasic on Windows 200/XP/7, I liked Gnome 2 on Linux,
and logical move, closest thing after Gnome 2 was dropped, was MATE.
Shiny icons, transparency and smooth menu's are things I disable because
they distract me from actual work. Any DM that fits my work demands I
will use without complaining.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)