[CentOS] why windows 10 can't access centos samba

Albert McCann

albert.mccann at outlook.com
Thu Sep 12 12:44:50 UTC 2019

That should probably be SMB3 (from smb.conf man file):
SMB3: The same as SMB2. Used by Windows 8. SMB3 has sub protocols
       available.

   *   SMB3_00: Windows 8 SMB3 version. (mostly the same as SMB2_24)

   *   SMB3_02: Windows 8.1 SMB3 version.

   *   SMB3_10: early Windows 10 technical preview SMB3 version.

   *   SMB3_11: Windows 10 technical preview SMB3 version (maybe
                final).

 By default SMB3 selects the SMB3_11 variant.