[CentOS] Replacing sendmail with postfix

Mon Sep 23 15:14:45 UTC 2019
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> I've been doing sendmail -> MIMEDefang -> SpamAssassin/clamd and
> then sendmail -> procmail -> SpamAssassin. Yeah, SA gets run twice,
> once to reject scores > 10 by the milter and then again by each user
> to incorporate their Bayes scores. I'd love to run it only once but
> haven't invested time in figuring out how to do that. But I only
> have a few users so it hasn't been a big enough load to worry about
> it.

Have you considered running the SpamAssassin Milter?

   https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/spamass-milt/

It's available via EPEL. You can reject high-scoring spam during the
SMTP transactions. It also allows per-user preferences/Bayes rules to
run, with the caveat that a message addressed to multiple users can't
take advantage of the per-user run. (Unlike a setup using mimedefang,
spamass-milter can't resubmit a message for each addressee.)

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W