[CentOS] Weird bug in 389 Directory Server : no spaces in admin console (CentOS 7)

Sun Apr 26 12:33:54 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 26/04/2020 à 11:43, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
> I investigated this some more. Here's what I found.
>
> Installed a vanilla CentOS 7 GNOME desktop.
>
> Activated EPEL and installed 389-ds.
>
> Launched the setup script for 389 DS.
>
> Works perfectly bot locally and from my remote workstation with ssh -X.

After some more experimenting, I can confirm this is a serious bug. After
updating all packages on the system, it just reappeared.

Here's how you can reproduce it.

1. Install CentOS 7.7 but without updating the system.

2. Activate EPEL.

3. Install 389-ds.

3. Setup 389 DS.

4. Launch 389 Admin console.

5. Login as "cn=Directory Manager"

6. Everything works perfectly.

7. Update the system : yum -y update

8. Launch 389 Admin console.

9. Last entry appears as "cn=DirectoryManager" and there is no way to add a
space between "Directory" and "Manager".

I did what I could to investigate this bug. But at this point, I'm clueless.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr